Friday, July 5, 2013

Finding Some of Me Again

I think for the first time in years I am beginning to feel a little bit like the old me. The me I once knew before I was faced with this whirlwind of Acro. Thanks greatly in part to my dietary changes my levels have finally dropped some after enduring six years of the monthly elephant dart. They are still not normal but they are definitely closer to normal than they were. I seem to have a glow about me because people I know and even some I don't have been telling me lately I look different in a good way and that I have a whole new peace about me. Positive reinforcements like that make me want to try even harder. I am not sure tho if the "peace" is because my body is reacting to the changes and becoming stronger and healthier or because I have mentally found "peace" with this disease... or maybe even some of both. I know my physical and even mental limitations and I am pretty sure over the last few years I have allowed myself to succumb to this disease too many times. I can't. I can't. I can't. I am tired of hearing myself say I can't or I shouldn't or I better not. I think I have become so used to having this disease and dealing with symptoms that I have subconsciously started using it as an excuse. There is so much more that I can do than what I have allowed myself to do. Just last month I walked 16.5 miles in one night whereas just weeks before that I told my son I could not walk the trail with him because of my ankles and my knees and because I get tired and blah blah blah....excuses! Excuses that have allowed me to gain weight and lose muscle and just sit around getting sicker. Being proactive is not just taking my meds and seeing the doctors regularly. It is also giving my body the best possible chance to fight disease by exercising and eating right. Three months ago I began a new diet. I stopped drinking all diet soda and eating all fast food. I also stopped consuming most foods with chemicals and preservatives. Now I am working on no bread nor tortillas. Little by little I am removing everything a body should not have. Our bodies were not made to digest or use foreign substances. I have to give my body what it needs to work properly! I am doing that now and it is responding remarkably! I wish I would have thought to or been pushed to do this when I was much younger. Focusing on today tho..today and every day in my future. No more using my diseases and conditions as excuses. I can do everything...I might just need to modify the way in which I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment